We collect information you provide to us directly when you use the Services. This includes: Account information.
To create an account, you must provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn't have to be related to your real name. You may also provide an email address. We also store your user account preferences and settings. Content you submit.
We collect the content you submit to the Services. This includes your full name, phone number, your personal information (e.g. height and weight), contacts, and your reports and other communications with moderators and with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos. Actions you take.
We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services. This includes your interactions with content, like voting, saving, hiding, and reporting. It also includes your interactions with other users. We collect your interactions with communities, like your subscriptions or moderator status. Transactional information.
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in Sticks & Skates sponsored activities or promotions, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes: Log and usage data.
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms. Information collected from cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see "Your Choices" below. Location information.
We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our Services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, we may receive demographic or interest information about you from third parties, including advertisers, and combine it with our own data using a common account identifier such as a hash of an email address or a mobile-device ID. You can control how we use this information to personalize the Services for you by adjusting your preferences. Linked services.
If you authorize or link other services (e.g., third-party apps or websites) to access your Sticks & Skates account, Sticks & Skates receives information about your use of that service when it uses that authorization. Linking services may also cause the other service to send us information about your account with that service. To learn how information is shared with linked services, see "How Information About You Is Shared" below. How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
How Information About You Is Shared
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Research and develop new services;
- Help protect the safety of Sticks & Skates and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Sticks & Skates user agreement and our other policies;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see "Your Choices" below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests. (for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Services, see "Your Choices" below)
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit content to the Services, any visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see that content, the username associated with the content, and the date and time you originally submitted the content. Sticks & Skates allows other websites to embed public Sticks & Skates content via our embed tools. Sticks & Skates also allows third parties to access public Sticks & Skates content via the Sticks & Skates API and via other similar technologies. Although some parts of the Services may be private or quarantined, they may become public (e.g., at the moderator's option in the case of private communities) and you should take that into consideration before posting to the Services.
- When you send messages to developers, messages via modmail, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, personal information, emergency contact and other information from your profile. If you choose to make the information public, your profile may also include your voting history.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the information from your profile you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers. For more information, see "Your Choices" below.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With our partners. We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (but not with advertisers and ad partners) who need access to such information to carry out work for us. The partner's use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Sticks & Skates policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With our affiliates. We may share information between and among Sticks & Skates, and any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
Ads and Analytics Partners
- Aggregated or de-identified information. We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example: Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics
) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services. Your Choices
As a Sticks & Skates user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you. Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can access and change certain information through the Services. See our Help Center page for more information. Deleting Your Account
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. Controlling Advertising and Analytics
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics here
We also offer you choices about receiving personalized advertisements. You may also generally opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from certain third-party advertisers and ad networks. To learn more about these advertisements or to opt out, please visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance
and the Network Advertising Initiative
, or if you are a user in the European Economic Area, Your Online Choices
. Do Not Track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you. Controlling Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving some or all categories of promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by updating your email options in your account preferences. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of the Services. Controlling Mobile Notifications
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. Controlling Location Information
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Other Information Security
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we use HTTPS while information is being transmitted. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to non-public personal information. Data Retention
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. International Data Transfers
We are based in Russia and we process and store information on servers located in London, UK. We may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law. Additional Information for EEA Users
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of their personal data; to data portability in certain circumstances; to request restriction of processing; to object to processing; and to withdraw consent for processing where they have previously provided consent. These rights can be exercised using the information provided under "Your Choices" above or using the contact information provided at the end of this document. EEA users also have the right to lodge a complaint with their local supervisory authority.
As required by applicable law, we collect and process information about individuals in the EEA only where we have legal bases for doing so. Our legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. We process your information on the following legal bases:
- You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose;
- We need to process the information to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legal rights and interests, research and development, and marketing and promoting the Services;
Changes to This Policy
- We need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations.